About

The old mill was orignally built in 1752 as a flax mill. It was restored and converted by its Architect owner to create a bright contemporary interior within it’s historic fabric.

The kitchen and open plan living dining area are accomodated upstairs, the living room has a classic Jotul wood burning stove which gets the mill very cosy and creates a welcoming atmosphere in the colder winter days.

Three bedrooms and the bathroom are located on the ground floor, large patio doors give direct access to the garden from the hall.

The mill enjoys a large private garden and has plenty of space for parking quite a number of cars.

The setting of the mill is directly beside a woodland and is a haven for wildlife, in particular birds. Deer and badgers are a common site site,

The Mill has had continual use as a holiday cottage since 1988, during this time many visitors have enjoyed their stay. The entries to our visitor books confirm that that there have been many hundreds of happy holidays.

The owners are frequent visitors to the Mill, the garden has been transformed over the years with many new trees, hedging and planting added, the garden is very big so there are plenty of places for the younger visitor to play.

Although the Mill was in a ruined stateĀ is itĀ grade B listed and recorded as being the most intact Lintmill in Scotland. The Mill was originally constructed in 1752 to mechanise the process of scutching flax. Sadly there was no remains of the water wheel or the internal machinery, the mill was put to other uses after it stopped operating as a Mill in the 1860’s.

The mill provides ideal acccomodation and in a quite location to allow you to enjoy the North East of Scotland.